Development and history

The evolution of spray technology

We have over 135 years of experience in spray technology and over 700 employees developing and manufacturing precision nozzles and nozzle systems worldwide for a variety of industries. 

Our in-depth knowledge of the industry and applications is based on numerous inventions and patents that Lechler has achieved since 1879. This is what makes Lechler the innovative leader in nozzle technology. As a company, we continue to invest in research and development so that we can remain a leader in the industry.

Today, Lechler has manufacturing facilities in Germany, England, Hungary, India, China and the USA. Additional subsidiaries and 40 agencies complete our worldwide sales network. Despite the growth over the years, Lechler remains a family owned and operated company with a passion for its employees, commitment to quality, and innovation for products.  

Development and history

 

Company history

  

1879

Paul Lechler founded the company, which started as a trading house for technical products.

1893

Lechler acquires a patent for liquid atomizing nozzles and sells these products in subsequent years.

1915–1919

Start of nozzle manufacturing at the Stuttgart-Berg, Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt and Stuttgart-Stammheim sites.

1933

Nozzle manufacturing relocates to Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, in an extension of the sealing ring factory.

1950

From 1950 onward, nozzle development and sales increase for dust control in mining as well as for roller cooling and descaling.

1958

Manufacturing relocates from Bad Cannstatt to Feuerbach.

1962

Sales offices are established in Germany.

1967

Joh. Braun cloth factory is acquired in Metzingen and manufacturing of Feuerbach is moved to this location.

1972

Kershaw, Hughes & Partners Ltd. is acquired in Sheffield, England.  Known today as Lechler Ltd.

1973

All sales and administrative activities of the Lechler companies are combined to the new Lechler budi Building in Fellbach.

1975

Lechler acquires shares for the Spray Engineering Company. in USA.

1977

Vollet is acquired in Paris and today is known as Lechler France S.A.

1978/1979

Lechler acquires all of Spray Engineering Company.  Name is changed to Spraco Inc.

1986

Spraco Inc. relocates to St. Charles, Illinois and name is changed to Lechler Inc.

1988

Desulphurization technology is introduced to the Environmental program.

1992

Lechler AB, Sweden is established.

1993

Lechler India Pvt. in Thane and Lechler KFT in Kecskemet, Hungary are established.

1995

Sales and administration offices are combined and relocated from Fellbach to Metzingen. For the first time, Lechler is now combined in one location.

1996

Lechler S.A. N.V., Belgium is established.

1999

Lechler S.A. Spain.

2002

Lechler GmbH and Co KG changes to Lechler GmbH.

2003

Lechler Oy, Finland is established.

2004

Lechler China is established.

2010

Inauguration of the new production facilities at the company headquarters in Metzingen.

2015

Founding of Lechler Spray Technology S.r.l. / Italy.

2016

Lechler Spray Technology S.r.l., Italy is established.

2017

Foundation of Lechler Spray Technology Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia.

Today

Lechler is a group of companies with over 700 employees worldwide and five manufacturing locations.